With any luck, over the next couple of weeks, I will be sorting out all of the following niggles:
- Replace gearbox oil
- Fix the side stand (the whole thing fell off and now all I have left is the stand itself)
- New grips
- Fix the lights
- Find the electrical short and fix it
- Service the electric start
- Charge the battery
- Replace the gear lever
- Replace the fork protector stickers
- Sort out the rear mudguard fixings
- Strengthen the clutch perch
- Re-seat one of the fork seals
- Fix footpeg mounts
- Sort out the shock bearing
I've made no secret of my love for rally racing; when the Dakar Rally arrives every year, I am completely hooked and I can't help but wonder when it will be that I make the start line. Cryptic as that may sound, those of you who have already put 2 and 2 together (and not made 5) will know that I want to pursue roadbook rally racing.
In practical terms, what that means is that I will need to swap my beloved 300 for what's likely to be a 4T rally bike.
More news coming soon...
P.S. don't get me started on KTM side stands!